We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and ambitious Field Sales Representative to accelerate the development of our high growth energy drink business in the Triangle market. This position is based out of the Raleigh-Durham area. A successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in food/beverage sales and/or field marketing. They should also possess strong leadership skills, experience in building relationships, and a desire to join a start-up business.
The Field Sales Representative will report to the Regional Sales Manager. This position requires an enthusiastic, self-driven and organized individual with a passion for personal and professional development while learning quickly to adapt to our changing business needs.
- Develop relationships with existing accounts in the area to drive MATI sales.
- Educate retail accounts, distributor reps, and consumers regarding MATI product benefits, story, and marketing initiatives.
- Visiting all local chain and national chain stores weekly or bi-weekly (based on guidance) to make sure distributors are keeping shelves stocked.
- Upsell into additional cold space or shelf space, getting case stacks, and securing in-store promotions.
- Develop and maintain an organized list of existing accounts in the territory.
- Communicate success stories, key learning and monthly activity reporting to Sales and Marketing management.
- Supporting the Sales Team in growing the territory by identifying new opportunities.
- Advocate the MATI culture and brand of “Do More. Be Better.”
- 2-3 years of brand ambassador work, field marketing, merchandising or related sales experience preferred. Beverage industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as a remote team member.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and influence others.
- Takes a creative approach to problem solving; can adjust to changing priorities.
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and product between accounts within assigned territory.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
Responsible for scheduling, executing, and providing product to all local events (including in-store demos).
Identify opportunities in community to increase awareness of MATI; design and manage execution of events such as: walks/races, festivals, and other community events.
- Must be able to frequently move/transport product and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time, up to eight (8) hours.