We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and ambitious Executive Assistant to the CEO, based out of the Raleigh-Durham area, to support MATI Energy’s growing business. As the CEO’s “right hand,” from sitting in on a variety of meetings to traveling with the executive as needed, this individual will gain a unique understanding of the company, its people, and its purpose. He or she will learn about what it takes to run a fast-paced, start-up business.
The Executive Assistant must be an extremely organized individual and thrive in a fast-paced work environment; possess excellent business acumen and a high level of professionalism. Responsibilities include a variety of administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature. He or she must be able to manage multiple projects, effectively prioritize, and anticipate the needs of the executive. Responsible for heavy calendar management, travel arrangements, PowerPoint and other written communications materials/light analyses, as well as email and phone communications - the ideal candidate will have project management experience and thrive in a challenging yet exciting role.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing extremely active calendars and completing expense reports.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members and external constituents on matters related to CEO programmatic initiatives
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns related to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Provide smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff including assisting with project management.
- Work closely and effectively to keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer”, having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Handle daily office and reception duties, facilities issues, and assist with both event planning and travel arrangements for traveling executives.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and proactively; follows-through on projects to successful completion, meets deadlines.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts with prospective and existing office vendors, caterers, and service providers.
- Support CEO in producing detailed documents, spreadsheets, reports and presentations, performing background research and presenting findings.
- Responsible for event planning and coordination of senior management staff meetings, off-sites and select company meetings.
- Be willing to help out wherever help is needed when time permits, e.g., assisting with accounting data entry and other ad-hoc projects.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant to Senior Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant work experience).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- High level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Proven ability to take initiative and organize projects with minimum supervision.
- Familiarity with Mac OS, iOS, Microsoft Office, and video conferencing software, with the ability to troubleshoot systems independently.
- Polished, professional demeanor and an outstanding ability to balance competing priorities.
- Strong work ethic with a calm and relaxed attitude even in times of stress. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional role model to other employees by exemplifying company values and conducting job duties in a professional and confidential manner.
- Enthusiastically lives the MATI culture of “Do More. Be Better.”
Satisfactory results of background check and E-Verify.